1. How to open plugin Shadowbox for Flash films?
You need to call code Shadowbox, using function getURL in ActionScript’s. It’s easy to do that. Just determine the JS callback function, like that:
This function should be put in HTML document between tags
<head>, another way is to add this code in tags
<script>. Calling this custom function, indicate
getURL in a Flash film such as:
2. Do I able to open plugin apart of iframe?
Yes, but you need to know the basics. When you open plugin you open two different windows, window with iframe is considered as a parent. Knowing how to call the objects apart from the main window will enable you to run JS apart from the iframe.
As well as normal window, iframe has the
parent object, so you may use this code to reside plugin from the main window:
In this case, bear in mind that all actions proceed in the main window. To return the plugin to the iframe, add code to the document’s top.
3. Can I play Flash video with JW FLV player?
But you can go to the longtail website, download and unzip the player (mediaplayer.zip file) in the directory of your
libraries. Inside there will be a
player.swf file. Then the plugin could use this file.
If you have problems getting it to work, try checking the permissions on the directory and the file. The directory of the
mediaplayer , just like all directories that you’d like to be publicly viewable, must be readable.
If you’d like to customize the FlashVars that you pass to the JW FLV player, you can find a full list of available FlashVars here.
4. If I purchase a Shadowbox license, is that good for the JW FLV player as well?
No. If you would like to use the JW FLV player in a corporate setting, please purchase a separate license from the longtail website.
5. Why do I have errors in Internet Explorer when it works in other web browsers?
Are you using the proper DOCTYPE?
6. How do I include a caption?
Shadowbox does not currently support captions.
7. Can I display PDF files using Shadowbox?
8. Which image types is Shadowbox.js compatible with?
jpg, bmp, png, gif, and jpeg
9. Which video file types is Shadowbox.js compatible with?
mov, flv, movie, wm, dv, swf, moov, mpeg, f4v, mpg, mp4, asf, avi, and wmv
10. Which audio file types is Shadowbox.js compatible with?
aac + mp3
11. Why does Shadowbox not work?
- First of all, check the default WP theme and then all your themes have header.php and fotoer.php.